Ushers play an important part here at Lakeside. Make sure you know who these gentlemen are (they all wear name tags) in the event you need their help!
They are available to do the following:
- Assist the congregation with seating before or during a service.
- Give general directions for places on the Lakeside Campus, such as where certain ministries meet and where the nursery, restrooms, etc. are located.
- They maintain an atmosphere of worship and a level of security during our services.
- If the need arises, they will act when there is a medical emergency. They are certified for CPR, AED and basic first aid, but will not provide any medication.
- The ushers will clear the immediate area for safety reasons and wait with the affected person for medical professionals to arrive to evaluate the needs of the person involved.
- We are also fortunate to have several nurses and paramedics who attend here at Lakeside.
If you would like to join this team, please see Chuck Rockwell or
Pastor Randy Neary in the church office at 586-726-1120.